Fuel-Efficient Stoves in Myanmar
Project impacts and benefits:
- Over 36,000 stoves sold to households in rural Myanmar.
- Over 165,000 people benefit from lower energy costs and reduced indoor smoke.
- Over 1,000 vendors trained to sell the stoves.
- Certified vendors average annual income contribution of US$300 from sales commissions.
- Over 1,000 villages reached.
- US$ 28 million in social value generated from the campaign.
- 60% less fire-wood required by each stove.
- Each stove saves 2.5 tonnes of wood per year.
- US$ 40 saved per household per year.
- Reduced air pollution inside household kitchens improves the health and safety of the whole community.